Readers of my Crunchy Con blog know that I have little use for the GOP field this year, but I gotta say the more I see Mike Huckabee, the more I like and admire him. An Obama-Huckabee race in 2008 would probably be as inspiring as a Clinton-Giuliani race would be depressing. I love the way Huckabee came into the Values Voter hootenanny this past weekend and won the audience over with nothing more powerful than his oratory. Marvelous.
Over on RedState, Erick Erickson, who was at the event, points out that Huckabee showed up the leadership of the Religious Right, which really wants to settle on a candidate. Erick makes some solid points about the fracturing of the conservative coalition; I think one of the biggest stories now underway is about how the Religious Right’s traditional machers are losing their power. They can’t control the direction of the GOP nationally, and now it looks like they can’t even control their own rank-and-file.
Though I anticipate a Huckabee-Jindal ticket in 2012, let the reader understand: if Chuck Norris be for Huck, who can be agin’ him?
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Same-Sex Marriage: Are the People Sovereign, or is it to be the Courts?
- Traditional Marriage Wins Big
- America: Fulfilling her promises
- The Party Platforms: Instructive Guides to Informed Voting – Part 3
- McCain, Obama, and the Military
- The Party Platforms: Instructive Guides to Informed Voting – Part 2
- The Party Platforms: Instructive Guides to Informed Voting
- Andrew Greeley’s Reprehensible Name-Calling
- Sen. Obama, FOX News, and the media
- Is T.V Bad for Children? | Media Fort on Television—Dangerous for Children?
- Ashley on Conservatives Give More to Charity than Liberals?
- Compassion Subverted | My Stream of Thought on Conservatives Give More to Charity than Liberals?
- The ‘Giving Gap’ is Not Ideological — It’s Theological | The American Conservative on Conservatives Give More to Charity than Liberals?
- Places To Donate Blood in Concord, North Carolina » Places To Donate BloodPlaces To Donate Blood on Obama’s Message and My Church