Study is hard work. It is so much easier to find something else to do in its place than to stay at the grind of it. We have excuses aplenty for avoiding the dull, hard, daily attempt to learn. There is always something so much more important to do than reading. There is always some excuse for not stretching our souls with new ideas and insights now or yet or ever.
- Joan Chittister
Quoted in Essential Monastic Wisdom, by Hugh Feiss
+ Sign up to receive our quote of the day via e-mail
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Why I Work for Immigration Reform (by Patty Kupfer)
- Audio: Jim Wallis on “Value Voters” on The Tavis Smiley Show
- Verse of the Day: ‘peace to the far and the near’
- Daily News Digest (by Duane Shank)
- Voice of the Day: Donders on Jesus’ Approach
- God’s Custodians (by Jim Wallis)
- Slowing the Electric Slide Toward Global Warming (by Ginny Vroblesky)
- Verse of the Day: The Armor of God
- Voice of the Day: Freire on Knowledge
- dug on God’s Custodians (by Jim Wallis)
- derful on Tony Campolo: Are Evangelicals Fixated on Homosexuality?
- Delphia on Becky Garrison: Christian vs. Atheist Celebrity Death Match
- The Latest: June 2007 Archive on Jim Wallis: Contribute to the Needs of the Saints
- dam hy lap dinh cuom on Gareth Higgins: Ray LaMontagne, Irish Car Bombs, and Business Travelers