Why am I hoping that Roland Emmerich’s disaster epic 2012 stays spectacularly on top of the box office this coming weekend? I’ve seen the movie and, while you’re not supposed to admit this in public if you want to be thought of as sophisticated, I found it utterly gripping if cartoonish and a bit too predictable. The scene where the USS John F. Kennedy is riding a tsunami and about to crush the White House stuck with me. No, I’m not kidding.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- Another Blog To Enjoy!!!
- Animal Wisdom: The Voice of the Serpent
- Reading Wesley Smith: Why the Darwin Debate Matters
- The Mission of the Jews
- Darwin at the Mountains of Madness: Evolution & the Occult
- Why Women Will Never Be Orthodox Rabbis
- For Orthodox Jews, a Wake-Up Call from God
- J.R.R. Tolkien & C.S. Lewis — on Jews!
- Fools for Faith
- Glenn Beck’s Turbulent Soul
- Israeli doctor treats Boston terrorist, victims; says 'I'm used to it' - Page 4 on The 10 Big Lies About Jews & Judaism
- Darwin, Evolution, & the Boston Bombing | The Sensuous Curmudgeon on James von Brunn, Evolutionist
- Darwin, Evolution, & the Boston Bombing | The Sensuous Curmudgeon on Charles Manson, Evolutionist
- Darwin, Evolution, & the Boston Bombing | The Sensuous Curmudgeon on Do Ideas Have Consequences Only When They’re Associated with Radical Islam?
- Darwin, Evolution, & the Boston Bombing | The Sensuous Curmudgeon on Slouching Toward Columbine: Darwin’s Tree of Death