Curiosity: An Antidote to Eating Due to Boredom
For those of us who eat out of boredom (too many of us to count, yes?), it’s time to get curious about our curiosity muscles.
“Curious muscle?” you ask. Yes, we all have one to one degree or another. Some more than less and some less than more, but we all possess an ongoing, inherent interest in our outer worlds. From our interest in the people we know (snooping), the weather (will it be a sunny day?); how much is that house selling for around the corner? – to wondering about the state of the world, as well as how many trees are left in the rain forest.
We are curious about our inner worlds. What makes me feel that way? Why am I happy one moment and frustrated the next? What thought triggered me to go to the fridge (again)?– to asking the big existential question: Why is chocolate so much a part of my consciousness?
Wrap Your Curiosity Muscle Around This
Those who are exercising their curiosity muscles are rarely bored, because they are occupied (mentally and sometimes physically) exploring their fascination with new people, new things and new experiences. Therefore, if you have effectively eliminated boredom, you have, in turn, eliminated eating out of boredom!
How will you build your exercise muscle? Get engaged in life!
How curious are you about the FORGIVENESS GIVEAWAY? Click here for more information as to how to WIN ME and RECEIVE FORGIVENESS.
Curious about OLofWL’s Kick in the Tush Club community? Fun and inspiring boards to chat on. Cool people. Visit and Join! Be curious.
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Sacrifice Your Twinkie: Lose It
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Confused, Lethargic, Stuck in the Past?
- Puzzled? Knitted or Knot: 80 calories per hole
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Father’s Day “No Tears Caramelized Onion Tart”
- #OneWord Thursday: 10 #Judgment Quotes: Just How Heavy and Unnecessary?
- 9 tips: How to Lighten Up
- Kick Tush Tuesday: Having Weight Loss Fun Yet? Non-Piggy Bank!
- Puzzled? Multitudinous and Multifarious Weight Loss Thoughts
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Tomato and Chickpea Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: Shine a Bright #LIGHT on the #Light Within