This time an Italian priest with the inimitable name of “Abrahamowicz.” (As they say in the newspaper biz, you can’t make this stuff up–hard as we might try.)
Indeed, Fr. Floriano Abrahamowicz, a pastor and spokesperson for the Society of St. Pius X in northeastern Italy, has said he has Jewish roots on his father’s side (“some of my best relations are Jews”) so he can’t be anti-Semitic. But he has referred to Jews as “a people of deicide”–basically saying they killed Christ–and, as John Allen writes, “suggested that the Jewish Holocaust has been ‘exalted’ over what he called ‘other genocides,’ such as the Allied bombing of German cities and the Israeli occupation of the Gaza strip.”
Nice. But the Trad movement is rife with this stuff, as noted earlier. There’s no need to play “gotcha!” to prove the point, but that seems to be what it will take for folks to get the point–and the problem…
Read the full story from NCR here…
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
- More blogs to enjoy!!!
- Moving on, and many, many thanks…
- Calvin at 500, Calvinism 2.0
- Apologia pro vita sua…Kinda
- When Benny met Barry: “I’ll pray for you!”
- Signs of the times: Obama’s eye
- The Pope and the Prez: Together again for the first time
- Are social encyclicals binding?
- Obama’s faith-based administration?
- George Weigel and the (Curial) Chamber of Secrets!
- Stem Cells: Loads Of Wool, Lots Of Eyes » I, Pandora on Stem cells: WWOD?
- Male Extra Pills on Full text of Holy Cross head’s letter to Obama
- Gyllenhaal ire on Tim Russert: Passing of a man…End of an era?
- rewquokerhire on “Katrina was New Orleans’ fault”–another new Benedict bishop
- Anonymous on Obama nixes Jesus? Of crosses and urban legends