Our Lady of Weight Loss takes a happiness centered approach to weight loss. It is her mission to make weight loss fun … to make weight loss a joyful experience. Here follows ten of her top tips that she feels will up your energy, keep you focused and help you to happily melt fat.
1. BALANCE: Permanent weight loss is about living a balanced life. It’s about looking at all areas of your life – physical health, mental health, relationships, finances, career, fun, creativity, spirituality, physical environment, time – and creating them so that they support YOU to have the best life ever.
Focusing only on weight loss will not serve you well. You may lose it; but without creating balance in all areas of your life, you will in all likelihood find it again. We’re talking PERMANENT WEIGHT LOSS here!
2. COMMITMENT: Make a commitment to YOU, all of you, every aspect of you. Losing weight won’t fix what’s wrong with your finances. Gathering buckets of money won’t help you to lose weight. Commit to giving yourself the best life that you can. Do this for YOU and your body!
3. THE SCALE: Do NOT get hung up on the number on the scale.
Do you know what the scale really measures – scientifically that is? Every object in the universe with mass attracts every other object with mass. (Some more massive than others!) Therefore, there is a pull – a force – an attraction ) between you and the Earth. Your bathroom scale measures gravitational pull!!
Nowhere in scientific date – that I could find – does it state that the scale measures HIDEOUS FAT. Nor does it say that you are BAD!
4. VISIONING: Envision your compelling future. What would you ultimately like your life to be like? See every detail. From where you would live, what you would do, what you are wearing! See, feel, hear and smell (if you can! Perhaps the honeysuckle in the air; or the slicing of a lemon.) every aspect of this clear picture. Write it down. And now make it come true. One step at a time.
5. SAFE HAVEN: Keeping your home clear of the Devil’s Food, red light items, things that send you off on a binge is essential! Making your home a safe haven affords you an opportunity to establish healthy, solid habits. It is essential that you create an environment that supports your permanent fat removal efforts; a place where you are as free as possible from excessive food thoughts.
6. DE-CLUTTER. I’ve been both organized and disorganized, I can tell you the 2nd is the better way. Not only do you NOT waste time endlessly searching for stuff, but there’s a mysterious calm one finds in organization.
7. BE IMPERFECT. There is no need to be perfect. It would be unbelievably boring if we were perfect. So dry, unpleasant, Stepford Wife-Like that we would seek imperfection. Revel in your imperfection.
8. BE YOUR PASSION. Jump head first into the thing you love to do the most. As they say, “Do what you love and the money will come.” Our Lady of Weight Loss says, “Jump headfirst into passion and the fat cells will melt!” Life will improve in ways you never imagined. You will be focused on what you love, feel less-stressed, be more productive, procrastinate less. The energy will shift dramatically. Can you feel it now?
9. FILL UP ON HAPPINESS. I was recently talking to one of my star coaching clients (each and everyone of you a star in your own way). Betty (the names have been changed to protect the innocent) said, “I know I should fill up on happiness instead of food.”
Her comment led to a rich and satisfying conversation about happiness and how it affects our weight. It is a way bigger challenge to stay the course, and lose weight when you are feeling unhappy, depressed or sad; isn’t it? Weight loss is about a lot more than just food and exercise. How will you FILL UP ON HAPPINESS?
10. WAKE UP ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED! You are 25 times more open to suggestion as you wake. Pay attention to what thoughts first surface, and if these first thoughts are not helpful, simply turn them around. Repeat your positive thought(s) a few times. Hold on to those good feelings for a moment or two. And then, ‘see’ the thought and imagine carrying this thought with you throughout the day.
Join me tomorrow for THE SOUND of WEIGHT LOSS!
LINKS: More on imperfection!
Fill Up On Happiness (A VIDEO and A DOWNLOAD)
Spread the word … NOT the icing!
BONUS LINK: 13 Ways to Improve Your Luck …
… See why this Beliefnet Special is soooo popular!!
Janice Taylor is a Life & Happiness Coach, specializing in weight loss, reinvention, transformation & happiness, author, seminar leader and 50-pound-BIG-Time-LOSER! Write Janice for an Introductory Coaching Session.
Sign-Up for THE FILL UP ON HAPPINESS e-DIET program
For more motivation and inspiration, join the Kick in the Tush Club: Beliefnet Chapter.
Pick up a copy of Janice’s latest: All Is Forgiven, Move ON ~ Our Lady of Weight Loss’s 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville!
“Janice Taylor is a certain kind of kooky genius ~ see if her idiosyncratic diet plan will work for you.” ~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Follow Janice on Twitter:
click here to see all of our uplifting newsletters»
Search This Blog
About Our Lady Of Weightloss"Janice Taylor is a 'kooky genius'"
~ O, The Oprah Magazine
Janice Taylor is a Weight Loss Coach and Certified Hypnotist, author, artist and motivational speaker. She is the author of Our Lady of Weight Loss: Miraculous and Motivational Musings from the Patron Saint of Permanent Fat Removal and All Is Forgiven, Move On: Our Lady of Weight Loss's 101 Fat-Burning Steps on Your Journey to Sveltesville (publication date May 15, 2008). Janice is also the creator of the popular e-newsletter Kick in the Tush Club and a 50-pound big-time-loser.
Books By Janice:
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Crunchy, Satisfying, FAT-Burning Broccoli Salad
- #OneWord Thursday: What is your #style? Inner-style? Spiritual style?
- Best Weight Loss Tips: Set Your Table for Change!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: Empty Your Mental Junk Drawer
- Puzzled? “Chuga-Squeak” speaks
- Eat This: Lose Weight – Best Gazpacho Ever
- #OneWord Thursday: 10 Quotes that Inspire the #Body
- Fat Daughter: “Perplexed” Needs Advice!
- Kick in the Tush Tuesday: 8 Steps to Easy Weight Loss
- Puzzled? Antioxidant Girl to the Rescue